Thursday, September 5, 2024

Bookish Travels in Nürnberg, Germany

My travels to Nürnberg, a city I visited often, were short, but I still had a bit of time to discover two very special bookstores.


Freytag&Berndt is the main destination for travellers like me, displaying a large variety of printed maps and travel guides. Nowadays, we do have everything only one click away, but Germans are more conservative when it comes to online. If you are riding your bike in the countryside, you may meet groups of travellers unfolding their big paper maps and tracing their journey. 

The bookstore also has an online presence, so you can order your books and pick them up. The personnel is very friendly and acknowledgeable, able to answer different questions and requests.


I love comix and I am always curious about everything connected with this genre. UltraComix satisfies my interests. From older Manga versions to various figures, this store has it all. In addition to books, it also organises different related events, as well as courses among others, teaching to draw your favorite Mangas. So bad that I do live so far away...

And you, do you also visit bookstores when on the road? Would be happy to hear about your findings!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment