Friday, September 20, 2024

Rachel´s Random Resources: The Sticky Toffee Pudding Club by Rosie Green

 


The weekend is about to start and if you are looking for an easy sweet novella, I am happy to recommend you something that will really sooth your soul: The Sticky Toffee Pudding Club by Rosie Green.

The book is part of a series set around a small coffee place in a village, but it can also be read as a stand-alone. 

The Sticky Toffee Pudding Club is built around the story of a missed-connection: the good-hearted Annalise saved a poor dog together with the handsome Jensen, but took over by the events, she forgot to ask his number. Short after, her life will take a turn for the bad, as she lost her job, among other misfortunes. But she is offered a chance to turn her pudding skills into art, and this may be the beginning of a new chapter in life, and maybe love will find her too.

I love to read romantic novellas, and this not only a lot of romance, but also an eventful plot, taking plaace within a relatively short period of time, however allowing both the characters and the story to develop. I particularly liked Annalise, fragile and funny, yet resilient and strong enough to start over. 

I am interested in exploring more novellas set in the same place and more reading by this author, as I enjoyed the style. It is not easy to find good novellas, and I may store some of them for the very busy days when my attention span does not allow me to focus on too long and complex reads.

Rating: 4 stars

Disclaimer: Book offered as part of the book tour but the opinions are, as usual, my own

No comments:

Post a Comment