Monday, October 24, 2022

Random Things Tours: Shirk, Rest and Play by Andrew Grumbridge and Vincent raison


I used to spend an impressive amount of time many years ago reading various types of self-help books. I wanted to be successful, productive, maybe rich too, accomplish my aim while maintaining an equally successful personal life. I wanted all, and fast and there were no effort on my side big enough to stop me. And how I love my life back then! To be honest, I still do, but right now my self-help efforts is rather focused on learning to breath, to live and love...un-learning all those toxic habits that made me successful once.

Shirk, Rest and Play is a humorous yet realistic guide, with a "Biblical" touch. Ultimative yet strategic in approach. Procrastination is good and so is to just have some fun at a complicated job interview, by for instance wolfing on snakes and even taking your shoes off for a more comfortable experience. Hilarious and there will be not few who will already throw a psychiatric label on you, but who really cares? 

After all, life looks different when you really want to live it fully.

The cartoonish-like illustrations do match at a great extent the message and add to the overall hilarious note. But there is some truth beyond the layers of laugh: do we really want to end our short lives exhausted? Or being happy, surrounded by our friends and families and loved ones may be a better idea. This book my help you take the wisest decision of the century.

Rating: 4 stars

Disclaimer: Book offered as part of the book tour but the opinions are, as usual, my own

2 comments: