Monday, September 19, 2022

Rachel´s Random Resources: Fine Motor Skills by D.C.Hope


My weeks are mostly full, day after day, and during the weekends I need to keep my tired mind busy with at least some minimal intellectual entertainment. Which means I may be in for a rom-com, or two, a novella, for sure, if can really keep me anchored in a funny and eventually a bit romantic reality. 

Fine Motor Skills by D.C.Hope was my easygoing, without being simplistic, kind of story. An unlikely story, with a cast of characters that rarely have the chance to meet each other in real life. I don´t know why, I am very curious to explore literary version of unlikely couples. In the book, Susie, a recently single business woman, meets Antonio, a handsome, ambitions-free car repairman. She is not interested in him, he is tasked with fixing her car. A very easy offer-versus-services kind of connection. But love has always other plans and instead of just being delivered the ready-to-go car, Susie may discover a different type of man, interested in being with her like no one did before.

It´s a lot of fun and explicit scenes between the two, but after all, such books are for consenting adults. The dialogues are vivid, entertaining and funny, engaging the reader while building up the dynamics between the characters. The dialogues are in my opinion the most important elements of the novel, creating the canvas where the story is built. 

I haven´t read too many rom-com lately, but Fine Motor Skills is a good start for anyone interested to discover both the genre and a sweet spicy genuine love story.

Rating: 4 stars
Disclaimer: Book offered as part of the book tour but the opinions are, as usual, my own

No comments:

Post a Comment