Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Random Things Tours: Tree Glee by Cheryl Rickmann


I wish I can write more blog post appreciation about trees. I spent part of my happy childhood years surrounded by nature, climbing on trees and hiding in the garden. As a teenager, my holidays were mostly spent exploring the mountains and nowadays, when I feel down or too tired, I take a long walk around some of the many forests bordering Berlin. No need of medicine or therapy or any other tricks. A simple walk in the midst of a quiet forest means everything for me. It´s my source of life.

Tree Glee. How&Why Trees Make Us Feel Better by writer, tree lover and positive psychology practitioner Cherly Rickmann is just another love letter to the trees I had the chance to read lately. Beautifully illustrated with - what else - photos of trees, the book is a guide and an inspiration for anyone looking for a healthy alternative to the daily stress. 

Trees offer comfort and escape, do have a restorative power and do influence in a positive way the mental health. Based on her own experience as a tree lover and psychology practioner, Rickmann offer a very practical pathway to a more meaningful and positive life realm, through a genuine reconnection with trees and what they mean for us, as individuals and society. 

With an increase in urbanization and a surge of time spent indoors, understand How&Why Trees Make Us Feel Better is a guide beyond borders and ages. It is a gentle call to return to our natural roots, and as the trees, grow up boldly acknowledging where our ground and source of life is.

Tree Glee is an more than a book that helps you ´feel good´, it is a support for building up a life worth living.

Rating: 5 stars

Disclaimer: Book offered as part of the book tour but the opinions are, as usual, my own

2 comments: