Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Random Things Tours: A Psychic Subterfuge by JP Alters

 


Paranormal books are a very rare choice of lectures in my books. This genre was so much abused for very kitschy reasons that I am very cautious in terms of the topic and approach. But this year I want to give a try in terms of diverse topics and expand my literary realm and experiences.

Therefore, giving a try to debut author JP Alters - a pseudonym - and her first installment of A Psychic Subterfuge went hand in hand with my plan. There are so many interesting parts of the story that interested me: the character, Mary Jameson is a diagnosed schizophrenic and her attempts to dismantle a dangerous conspiracy do mirror questions about her sanity. Is she really serious or it is just the result of her troubled mind? This narrow distinction is fascinated to follow in the different episodes of the story.

Personally, I´ve found very entertaining and highly challenging the association between paranormal and thriller. Besides getting the best of both worlds, it also creates so many opportunities to build up suspense and tension in the most unexpected, (para)normal ways. Thus, even the most skeptical and cautious readers - like me - may feel caught into the web of stories and stop having second thoughts about the - almost compromised - genre.

For curious and open minded readers, as well as for thriller AND paranormal lovers, A Psychic Subterfuge is a pleasurable and action filled book and that left me curious to find out what gonna happen next to the main character of the book.

Rating: 3.5 stars

Disclaimer: Book offered as part of the book tour but the opinions are, as usual, my own

1 comment: