Tuesday, December 5, 2023

From the Library with Love: Podcast Tour

 


Like in the case of audiobooks, it took me a longer time to come along with podcasts. But exactly as it happened with the audiobooks, once I got into the spirit, it was really hard to live without it. However, I am still at the beginning of the journey and always looking to update my list of podcasts that may help me to better hear and understand the world. 

As a bookish person, podcasts with authors about books - theirs and others - are very important to learn more about writing processes and authors, as well as about characters and the inspiration behind them. I am still looking to expand my list, therefore, it is my big pleasure to introduce my readers to a podcast with a name aimed to attract bookish people like me - and you: From the Library with Love by award-winning journalist, ghostwriter and novelist Kate Thompson


Regularly, Thompson publish interviews with authors and persons who inspired her writing. The episode I want to talk more about is an interview with Shannon Kyle, prolific ghostwriter and author. In her episode, she is explaining about her experience and her writing process, but also about the ways in which the ghostwriter connects with the story and its sources. Thompson is a very intelligent interviewer, with a pleasant voice that keeps the audience awake. Kyle is also involved in supporting ghostwriters as well, and she recently created The Ghostwriters Agency with Teena Lyons, aimed at connecting authors with ´ghosts´. 

As I am planning to take some days off in the next weeks, Thompson´s podcast would be for sure a pleasant and intelligent companion, because there is never enough when it comes to knowledge and quality inspiration about the bookish life.

Thank you, Anne Cater for the opportunity of discovering and reviewing this podcast.

1 comment: