Saturday, January 27, 2024

Rachel´s Random Resources: Eye Spy by Tessa Buckley

 


Children, especially pre-teens, love a good detective story. They dream themselves to become detectives and good written stories with characters their age, courageous and ready for adventures, may also fuel their love for reading and books in general. However, there are not too many such novels addressing this specific age category.

Hence, my pleasure to introduce to my readers Tessa Buckley, the author of Eye Spy, a highly eventful midgrade detective novel, addressing 9 to 12-year olds. Fast-paced, packed with curious and unusual characters, with a story that in less than 200 pages is turning your mind around and around, as every couple of pages there is a new twist which may take the story in a completely unexpected, and sometimes very dangerous direction.

Siblings Donna and Alex Macintyre are decided to find out what happened with a missing dog. They have ten days to figure out but while they are working hard setting up lists of suspects - from the bag lady to the gang of bikers - Alex is revealed a secret that may endanger his sister. Caught between love for the truth and his love for his sister, he is under pressure to decide fast and move even faster.

Although I am not necessarily a target of the book, I enjoyed every single line of it, and even shared with my son my enthusiasm. I just hope that there will be more books like Eye Spy, so that once my little one will reach this age, he will keep himself busy in the company of such adventurous characters.

Rating: 5 stars

Disclaimer: Book offered as part of the book tour but the opinions are, as usual, my own

No comments:

Post a Comment