Elizabeth Harker may be the wife of America´s most powerful university president, but she has a dark secret to hide. As her lover is killed the day she is expected to deliver a worldwide important speech, her involvement in solving the case may be limited due to their secret affair. More questions and doubts arise, the wider the web of lies that seems to cover the glamour she and her fellow academics falsely surrounded themselves.
Faculty of Liars by R.L.Heber - who also writes as journalist and novelist Rebecca Thornton - is a dark academic thriller happening in one of the most unexpected location to place a thriller. This was what actually attracted me to the book in the first place, but I definitely stayed for the smart plot and the surprising connections between characters.
In the end, it delivered more than I ever expected. I loved the dribbling wih the secret Elizabeth was forced to play, and although not surprised, experienced directly the gradual disenchantment with the academic world. I am relatively familiar with it too, although murder is a bit beyond my expectations as well.
I was enchanted by the precise writing and the smart planning of the plot, and felt relatively satisfied with the ending. It was a tense and twists-rich read that was definitely worth my time and involvement.
Rating: 5 stars
Disclaimer: Book offered as part of the book tour but the opinions are, as usual, my own

No comments:
Post a Comment