Sunday, September 20, 2026

The One Day You Were My Husband by Rosie Walsh


I am no stranger to Rosie Walsh and if I am not mistaken I probably read all her books so far. Her latest, The One Day You Were My Husband, published few month ago, is following the same pattern of suspense and mystery, with unexpected twists keeping the reader engaged and curious.

Carrie, the main character and storyteller used to be a raising surgeon star, intoxicatedly in love with a handsome Swede she married during a ceremony on a beach in Thailand. But as he is brutally arested by the police for alleged drug trafficking few minutes after the ceremony, her world crushed. Few years later, she started a new life with the kind Robin, with whom she has two very active twins. She put her medical career on the side for a while, but she is decided to reclaim her professional life. And as she is about to embark on a new personal and professional path, her past with Johan and Johan himself reappear and there is no way she will not try to understand what happened almost a decade ago. 

The tension is built from the first lines, and until the end of the story we are unable to reach a conclusion. The twists and flow of information is always changing hence any effort towards clarity is vain. Just accepting being taken by the story and accept that anything surprising may happen, but nothing you may predict about.

I´ve enjoy the pleasure of reading this book and it answered by love for psychological suspense focused on wome stories. There were some mishaps in the story though, I couldn´t resist not noticing: like the description of someone as ´smart young woman´  without the mentioned person doing anything smart to prove the description; or the reference to a painting of a ´five-breasted woman´ which I may leave to my honorable reader the option of sharing their thoughts.

Overall, expect a thrilling read, that kept me interested for a weekend and a bit, that I recommend to anyone looking for an escape from the daily hustle, while keeping thinking about honesty, relationships and secret stalkers.

Disclaimer: Book offered by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment