Thursday, February 15, 2024

Rachel´s Random Resources: The Secret Ingredient by Sue Heath


I am a pretty good to acceptable baker and cook, except when I am faced with the terrible challenge of preparing pancakes. For years in a row, I am trying my hand every few months, always with disastrous results. There is something I am missing. Maybe a secret ingredient?

Kate Shaw, the main character of The Secret Ingredient by Sue Heath, whose beautiful cover I introduced to my readers few weeks ago, had a similar experience, with more disastrous results. A food lover, she is trying to go through the shock, but processing it may take time.

But once she is decided to get over the accident, there is another beautiful story being built in addition to the foodie search for recipes: it has to do with building a community who is tasting, enjoying and get together around the food. 

I personally love very much such stories because in addition to being a fantasy stimulent, they show ways in which community can be built and what a beautiful moment it is when it happens. Both sides of the story are beautiful and inspiring. After reading it, I had a good feeling thinking how easy it is to bring people together, as long as there is a pinch of optimism and good deeds. 

The feeling of belonging is very important for any individual, and when family and professional connections are weak or completely missing, we still have the chance of getting together, with perfect foreigners but fully accepting the simplicity of opening the soul to the other person. This is The Secret Ingredient that will make even a burnt pancake delicious.

I liked the idea of the book and the simple yet straight forward meaningful message of it. Such books are nurturing the hope of a kinder world and only for this simple reason you should read this book. The weekend is coming and maybe you need The Secret Ingredient to make it taste even better. 

Rating: 4 stars

Disclaimer: Book offered as part of the book tour but the opinions are, as usual, my own

No comments:

Post a Comment