Thursday, February 1, 2024

Rachel´s Random Resources: Spellbound by Gretchen Rue

 


I don´t know exactly what other not-so-bookish people do at the end of their busy days, but personally I can relax instantly, no matter how tired my schedule made me, with a nicely written, romance book. Reading stories about happy people and happy love stories do always make me feel good and forget the load of the day. But I also love crime/detective novels and sometimes I am forced to chose between the two. Not an easy choice, believe me.

However, romance and detective stories can get together well. Spellbound by Gretchen Rue is a good example in this respect. It has a well written story, with its own action and some likeable interesting characters you may want to meet sometimes in real life too. 

Phoebe Winchester is busy - busier than me sometimes - splitting her time between her tea shop, the massiverenovation of a Victorian Manor inherited from a late aunt. But she also has some secret hobby learning about magical apothecary and...well, some witchcraft comes into the story as well. Believe it or not, some people may actually love being interested in such things.

As it was not enough on her plate, there is a murder taking place which may endanger her further development plans of the manor. Thus, magic or not, she may find a solution to it. As fast as possible. But magic always happens when you expected less, and once a handsome detective shows up, the spellbound plays his own love game.

I really enjoyed the book and the characters, especially Phoebe. It has fun, suspense and...magic too. A recommended book for a pleasant end of the day ´me time´.

Rating: 3.5 stars

Disclaimer: Book offered as part of the book tour but the opinions are, as usual, my own 

No comments:

Post a Comment