There is no secret how much I enjoy listening to audiobooks; for my bookish lifestyle, it fills those moments when I am forced to walk or keep myself busy with non-bookish activities. For me, it is also an exercise of concentration, as I am trying to keep track of what is actually happening in my book while busy with other activities that may be distracting.
With great interest and pleasure, I´ve listened lately to Debt Reckoning. Teetering on the Brink by Jack Meyer, a very fast paced political thriller set in the heart of American politics. The starting point of the story is based on a cruel econnomic and political reality: the enormous burden of the US debt. When I´ve read it for the first time, I was really surprised as no one is ever associating political, military and economic strength with debt. After all, debts are for poor people, or?
In the book, US Senator Rick Taylor is trying to find a solution to solve the huge challenge threatening the Nord American life and society. As he is openly taking stance against it, he is faced with a tremendous pressure and life-threatening situations.
I loved the suspense as well as the political tension that made me always feel guilty when had to take a longer break in between listening sessions. A recommended read if you are into books inspired by political dirty secrets.
Rating: 3.5 stars
Disclaimer: Audiobook offered as part of the book tour but the opinions are, as usual, my own

No comments:
Post a Comment