Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Rachel´s Random Resources: You Had Me at Château by Portia MacIntosh


As the dark hours are getting longer and I am longing for the rays of sun, my best comfort is offered by the beautiful books I am reading and reviewing. And what can warm more your soul and life than a cute romantic comedy.

I had the chance to read and review Portia Macintosh only few months before, also in the middle of the neverending winter, and was delighted about it, therefore I just couldn´t resist to meet her characters again. This time, I upgraded my literary stay with at a castel. 

The bestseller You Had Me at Château is a delicious comedy, which involves a writer looking for some spicy inspiration, a dangerously handsome love triangle and...of course, a castle. As Amber Page is faced with a slow down in her literary career, a retreat at a castle may bring her more quiet inspiration that may bring back her literary success. But instead of enjoying her stay in the French Alps, she may become the spicy story she was looking for. 

I loved her writing and the turn of situations, that are sweet yet unexpected. Amber Page is a charming and charismatic character, and very hilarious situations. Indeed, writers can be a lot of fun in addition to romance. I liked that the main characters are also writers, which makes the story even funnier, as one may think about how someone living for the words may behave as a real person in a real life setting.

If you are looking to read something completely uplifting, this book is a recommended read. It will spice your life up and will keep the smile on your face for many hours to come.

Rating: 3.5 stars

Disclaimer: Book offered as part of the book tour but the opinions are, as usual, my own

No comments:

Post a Comment