Friday, August 21, 2026

Rachel´s Random Resources: The Little Porto Book Club by Rebecca Raisin


I may confess that I am not a big fan of Porto. First impression was not impressive, and since then, I haven´t tried to come back to correct my opinion, although the travel trends from the last ten years or so are openly contradicting my first sight non-love. However, any city and place looks better if there are books involved. 

The Little Porto Book Club by Rebecca Raisin - a bestselling author I´ve featured before, also with a book with a travel and book-related romance novel - adds bookish mystery and even more love to the city, through the life and adventures of the characters, all in love with books and bookish characters. 

Viviane, a gentle person feeling more at ease in a library than in the company of people that may inspire books, is encouraged by her mother to get a taste of real life which she is doing in a way close to her heart: being surrounded by people at home within the pages of a book. And what happens next may touch to a mystery search, but the story will end up being touched by love as well.

The book is very atmospheric and wraps you in a kind and positive embrace. No wonder that some people may rather live in a book that in the real life. The whodunnit detail adds more complexity to the story, and so does the romance story. It is slow paced, but the local details keeps you focused until the next action happens.

A lovely weekend and summer read for the lovers of books and romantic travel. And indeed, I may give a chance to Porto again, one of those months.

Rating: 4 stars

Disclaimer: Book offered as part of the book tour but the opinions are, as usual, my own

No comments:

Post a Comment