Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Rachel´s Random Resources Book Tour: Murder at Raven´s Edge and Murder at Ravenswood House by Louise Marley


One of my biggest issue with having so much to read and blog about it is that I can rarely follow books in series. I can start falling for some characters or settings and would burn to see if the continuation will be as good as it promises, but with such a limited amount of time on my sleeves and so many books to review, it may take a long long time, if ever, until I will be back.

Thus, my highest pleasure of being able to read not only one, but two books in a series: Murder at Raven´s Edge and Murder at Ravenswood House by Louise Marley

Set in a quaint village - Raven´s Edge, a name that promise a lot of mystery -, the novels do have a touch of mystery and old folktales. An impressive team of detectives - professionals and hobby ones - are involved in solving out of the ordinary crimes, which involve mysterious rituals and dark characters. And, in  addition to the crime story, there is also place left for a bit of romance, which make the story even more exciting, as it was not suspenseful enough.

The novels are atmospheric and sometimes the ambiance is Gothic-dark, but do also focus on character development, which make the series unique in both of approach and cast of characters. Knowing that I have not only one, but two books set in the same environment and most likely featuring a similar distribution, I was able to focus on details and behaviors that helped me to better understand the next episode of the saga.

In full honesty, I hope there will be more books in the series, as I already feel at home in the ambiance of the book. A recommended read for anyone looking for some serious crime riddles for the coming weekend or summer vacation.

Rating: 4 stars

Disclaimer: Books offered as part of the book tour but the opinions are, as usual, my own

No comments:

Post a Comment